Digital Marketing Intern
About the Digital Marketing Intern Role
Crap Eyewear is looking for a Digital Marketing Intern to join our growing team, specifically working on organic and influencer driven marketing campaigns and playing an integral role in helping shape, grow and execute our social content strategy. Our ideal candidate is smart, has a keen eye for internet culture and comfortable managing and growing social media channels
Our workplace is dynamic, supportive and inclusive. We pride ourselves in being a collaborative, open-minded and imaginative team. The Digital Marketing Intern will:
- Report to the Marketing Manager, within the Marketing Department
- Help shape, grow and execute our social content in a tone that aligns with brand ethos
- Management of social channels:
- Creation: publish content based on our marketing calendar and work with the marketing department to create and post story content.
- Engagement: like, comment and repost Crap Fam and friends of the brand.
- Moderation: monitor, like, reply and delete comments. Make sure our CX team is responding to any customer service-related comments.
- Communication: Manage our social DMs, communicating with brand friends and between brand and influencers. (Note: our CX team manages customer service inquiries)
- Manage giveaways with like minded brands and audiences.
- Influencer marketing & PR:
- Assist in creating and managing organic and influencer-driven marketing campaigns.
- Identifying new influencers on Instagram, TikTok and beyond that resonate with our brand/ethos while creating and establishing original content and relationships with them.
- Shipping samples and gifting from HQ.
- Coordinating press and stylist pulls from our Venice showroom
- Create organic, mobile-native content for posts, stories and ads on social channels (primarily Instagram and TikTok.)
- Work with Growth Marketing Manager to analyze the results of campaigns and content you manage and apply learnings to future campaigns
- Summarize and report your learnings to the marketing team.
Located in Los Angeles and available to work a minimum of two days per week: Tuesdays in
person at our Venice HQ + at least one additional remote day
- Strong interest in independent fashion, music, arts, culture
- Passionate about the modern social media landscape, specifically Instagram and TikTok
- Comfortable capturing and creating social media content with a phone
- Related prior work experience/internship/education
- Ability to work independently within a small team
- Dependable, organized, and detail-oriented
About Crap® Eyewear
Crap Eyewear is a lifestyle brand independently owned and operated beachside in Los Angeles, CA. Born in reaction to an overpriced and overly serious sunglass market, we’re on a mission to create funky, bioacetate eyewear without the heavy retail markup. Although our brand name is lighthearted, we take our work, products, customers, employees and surrounding community very seriously. Our organization is Climate Neutral Certified and a proud member of 1% For The Planet.
As a growing business we work hard to reach challenging goals and benchmarks – but also value our time outside the office with friends, family and coworkers. The Crap Eyewear brand is an extension of our company: deeply rooted in Southern California culture. Our tight-knit team has an eclectic extracurricular resume of everything from surfing, skateboarding, and golf to dance and music.
Simply put, we’re looking for smart, hard-working, resourceful problem solvers to become an integral part of our growing business.
Join Our Team
- This is a paid internship, $20 per hour
- Sunglasses to keep you and your friends styling
- Dog-friendly HQ two blocks from the beach in Venice
If you have any questions about this position or wish to apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the "Digital Marketing Intern" as the subject line